- I can shout “hey!!” in a scary manly voice
- For 50% of drivers, even if they’re looking straight in your direction, they don’t see you.
- Drivers making a right turn love looking left for oncoming traffic, but don’t like looking right for bicyclists.
- Eating a peanut butter sandwich while riding to work is a brilliant way to save time.
- Eating a peanut butter sandiwch while riding to work is not so brilliant when all the filling drips out onto your handlebars.
I started volunteering at a Bikerowave, a bicycle coop nearby. I didn’t realize it, but I guess I had my brake cables routed backwards. Some guys there were amazed that I managed to make them work even though they’re backwards. I think I’ll leave them that way because they’re more out of the way backwards than if they were forwards.